Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Beach Balls and Big Eyes Cross Process


As you can see, this photo was taken awhile ago, 2003 to be exact. We were on a family vacation at my great aunt's house in sunny Santa Cruz, CA.  My dad was blowing up a beach ball for me to play with in their pool when he shot me a goofball expression. My favorite thing about this photo is how perfectly it captured his fun, free-spirited, and goofy personality. First you see my dad's huge eyes but then you notice the huge, out of style, in 2003 at least, 80's glasses. I must say he rocked them though.


This was my first attempt at cross processing the above picture. I tried to make it look like the picture was taken in the seventies or earlier, so I focused on the blue curve and only slightly manipulated the green and red curves. I like this one because of the dark shading on the left side of his body and the acidic look to the background, it gives the picture a unique and fun appeal.


My second attempt at cross processing turned out as shown, I particularly like this one because the extreme discoloration of the background. This is my favorite because of the aged look it possesses and the way the bright light highlights his face. This photo is even more acidic looking than my first attempt and I think the more acidic it appear the more vintage the picture will look, I think each had a perfect balance of it. Also, on this photo I manipulated the green curve more severely than the others to get the white, colorless background.

No comments:

Post a Comment